Dissatisfaction expression is a feeling we express when we do not get as enough as we hope and feel disappointed with some conditions, we must be dissatisfied.
Example of informal expressing satisfaction and dissatisfaction
- Very sad!
- How bad!
Formula of formal satisfaction expression
1. … to be + very pleased with …
2. … to be + content with …
3. … to be + satisfied with …
4. … to be + very delighted …
- I am very pleased with his attitude
- She is satisfied with the result
- I am very delighted with the taste of this soup
Formula of formal dissatisfaction expression
1. … to be + displeased with …
2. … to be + discontented with …
3. … to be + dissatisfied with …
4. … to be + disappointed with …
5. … To be + not satisfied with…
1. I am displeased with his attitude
2. I am discontented with the room service
3. I am disappointed with the concert
Expressing Satisfaction Dialogue
- Robert : How do you feel about this food?
- Terry : Wow….. I am very satisfied. It’s very delicious. Great!
- Robert : Yes, I think so. Would you have anymore?
- Terry : Yes, of course.
- Robert : I will take some for my younger sister. She’ll be very happy.
- Terry : Yeah and I will take for my mom at home.
- Robert : OK. Let’s go home. I never feel satisfied before.
- Terry : So am I.
Expressing Dissatisfaction Dialogue
- Paul : Have you read today’s newspaper?
- James : Not yet. Is it interesting?
- Paul : Yes, the apology from the company. Take a look. The paper is over there.
- James : (Picking up the newspaper and starting to read it) Is that all?
- Paul : Yes.
- James : This is not enough. I’m not satisfied yet. The size of the ads should have been half of the page. Besides, the company only apologized but they didn’t mention what they would do.