Asking Opinion is to ask other people’s opinions on an issue.
Example questions of asking opinion :
- What do you think?
- What’s your opinion?
- What are your ideas?
- Do you have any thoughts on that?
- How do you feel about that?
Giving Opinion is to express an opinion on a matter or issue.
Example of giving opinion :
- I think we should get a new car.
- I don’t think we need one.
- I believe (that) smoking should be outlawed.
- I don’t believe (that) it should be illegal.
- In my opinion, Gone with the Breeze is the best movie ever made.
- I feel that it’s the right thing to do.
- I don’t feel that it’s such a good idea.
Example dialogue of asking and giving opinion
A: How do you feel about Jane?
B: I really like her…I think I want to ask her for a date.
A: What do you think about Jane?
B: I think she’s a nice person, and pretty smart.